Monday, February 28, 2011

Bucket List: Juliet Capulet's House, Verona, Italy

As we close the month of love, I remember one of the classic love stories written, staged, filmed-- Romeo and Juliet.  As I watched its modern twist, Letters to Juliet, I felt nostalgic of my favorite country, Italy.



I'll let the photos do the story telling...

What not to miss in Italy would be Verona--home of Romeo and Juliet!

First day in Verona in my classic Korus pusod...
from the movie Letters to Juliet
What not to miss in Verona--Casa di Giuletta!

Here I am ready to write and leave my love note...

My artistic shot...after ten years of waiting for the crowd to disappear...


And what better way to visit Juliet's house but with my twenty something single girlfriends!

Exploring the house with Camille, Kaye and Michelle

Rubbing her boob for good luck with EJ and Keilah...harharhar...
According to seeitalia.com, though its origins cannot be determined, the most popular thing to do when visiting the statue is to rub its right breast, which will bring good luck. So don’t be surprised if the right side of the bronze Juliet seems to be shinier than the rest of her!

Obviously, one visit to Casa di Giulietta wasn't enough so we had to go back.

My housemates with our Verona host: Lolo Giuseppe
I miss already...three days in Verona was too short.

No comments:

Post a Comment